6 Year Commercial Warranty
Looking after Eezi Quartz countertops
Eezi Quartz is easy-going and doesn’t need a lot of attention to keep its good looks. To clean Eezi Quartz use warm water and a mild detergent, or a spray-and-wipe-type cleaner for the best results.
Unlike marble and granite, Eezi Quartz doesn’t need sealing. If you need more than a mild detergent to get rid of stubborn marks use a nonabrasive cream cleanser, such as our Eezi Quartz Cream Cleanser or liquid Chemico, and a non-scratch pad. Always rinse with clean water to remove any residue. Eezi Quartz is quite heat resistant, beating most man-made surfaces and even marble and limestone. Anything below 100°C should not damage the material, however Eezi Quartz can burn or warp if exposed to sudden high temperature changes. Because it’s better to be safe than sorry, we recommend that hot pots and pans never be placed directly on the surface. Rather use a hot pad or trivet on the surface and under cooking units such as electric frying pans, crock pots, or roaster ovens. Eezi Quartz can be permanently damaged if it’s exposed to unduly strong chemicals and solvents. Never clean your Eezi Quartz countertops with products that contain trichlorethane or methylene chloride, often found in paint removers. Rather avoid using aggressive cleaning products like oven cleaners and dishwasher cleaning agents. Products that contain oils or powders may leave a residue and should be rinsed off thoroughly. If your countertops accidentally get exposed to any of these damaging products, rinse immediately with clean water to neutralize the effect.
6 year limited commercial warranty
International Slab Sales (Pty) Ltd. Reg No. 1996/011537/07 (“the Distributor”) hereby furnishes a limited warranty (“the Warranty”) to any purchaser of Eezi Quartz products (“the products”) that the products will be free from manufacturing defects for a period of 6 years from the date of installation.
For the avoidance of doubt:
- The Warranty is available only to a person (natural or juristic) who was the owner of a Commercial property at the time when the Product was originally installed (“the Purchaser”);
- Commercial property shall relate to any location within the Republic of South Africa, which is open to the general public for business use, private properties subject to residential or commercial rental or lease, or properties designated as restaurants, hotels, motels or other temporary residence applications;
- Commercial installations shall relate to all surface installations in a Commercial property.
Terms and Conditions (This warranty shall)
- Only apply to products that were installed in Commercial Property after 1 June 2017;
- Expire upon transfer of ownership of the structure to any third party or after a period of 6 years from date of installation has elapsed, whichever the earlier;
- Not be valid in instances where the product has not been paid in full; and;
- At all times be subject to the terms and conditions herein contained.
This Warranty shall apply for interior use and only when the product is correctly installed and…
- Properly / correctly installed;
- Maintained in accordance with guidelines for care and maintenance;
- Used solely for the specific purpose of countertops and/or wall cladding;
- Permanently installed and has not been moved from the original installation.
The Distributor shall only be responsible for proven manufacturing defects in the product, which shall be determined by the distributor in its sole and absolute discretion. The Distributor will have the right at all times to examine the purportedly defective product and its installation and maintenance. Any remedy against the Distributor shall be, at the Distributor’s sole discretion, to either replace the defective product with the equivalent product or refund the purchase price. The warranty is exclusive and in lieu of any other warranty expressed or implied including any implied warranty of merchantability, fitness for purpose, or other warranty of quality, whether expressed or implied, and all other liabilities or obligations on the part of the distributor or Eezi Quartz. Under no circumstances will the distributor be liable for direct, indirect, general, special, incidental, consequential, or other damages of any kind whatsoever, regardless of the cause of such damage.
Exclusions: (This Warranty does not cover)
- Any cost or expenses incurred or relating to the removal and/or re installation of the product or replacement of the product and/or transportation costs and/or loss of profit and/or any other related expenses.
- Flooring applications.
- Any outdoor application.
- Instances where the product is/was used improperly or abused or has suffered impact damage.
- Instances where the product has been exposed to excessive heat, (over 100 degrees Centigrade.)
- Routine maintenance.
- Improper installation.
- Any chemical damage.
- Any creative use of the material including bending or curving.
- Material that has been milled or reduced in thickness.
- The altering of any factory applied finish.
- Natural variations in the colour, size, shape and distribution of the pattern of the natural quartz or the natural variations in background tone.
- Spots or blemishes which are inherent in the manufacturing process and do not affect the structural integrity of the material.
- Instances where the product information on the back of each slab has been removed. Removing this product information will void the warranty.
**This warranty contained herein constitutes the entire warranty given to the Purchaser and supersedes all other warranties and representations, whether oral or written, except as expressly set out above. No person other than the duly authorised representatives of the Distributor is authorized to make any warranty, promise or representation on behalf of the Distributor and any such representations must be reduced to writing and signed by such authorised representative prior to being effectual.